Wednesday 24 August 2016

Day07: Mittenwald - Innsbruck (37)

Today was the day, I cheated. I woke up early and started walking in weak rain. My feet felt so bad, that I wasn't quite shure if I will make it 17km further to Seefeld until the end of the day. But I felt cold, so I had to move on. I wanted to reach Innsbruck the same day, because I have relatives there, who agreed to host me.
If you still have the imagination, that there is a real way with marks like the Way of Saint James, I have to dissappoint you. It's rather just an idea about which valleys to cross and you have to find your own way. So I stumbled across the woods, with not much of a difference to the people collecting mushrooms next to me and also walked on the streets with heavy traffic to both directions. When I almost got up the highway in Zirl, I decided to go down to the valley, where the Way of Saint James leads along. I had to walk a lot of additional distance to cross all the highways and streams just to get there and also had to return several times. There to my dissappointment I was sent on carroads with traffic again, while following the sings with the shells backwards.
It probably looked pretty akward, when I walked around the roundabout, where a woman asked me, what I'm doing there. She offered me a ride and so I agreed to skip walking the 6km from Kemnaten to Völs. I don't feel good about that, that's why I had to confess it here. In the end it was about the distance, that I lost as detour and thisway I could reach my relatives house in time.
View from Zirl towards the valley of Innsbruck

Medieval raincoat protects quite well from the rain but gets heavy when soaked.

No comments:

Post a Comment