Friday 19 August 2016

Day05: Saulgrub - Ettal (15km)

This day is dedicated to all the people who told me, that medieval shoes with leather are not a good joice on modern roads. Seems like you were right, for today was hard getting onwards with some inflamation on my right foot. Therefore and because of more heavy clouds ahead, I decided to stop in Ettal just after 15km.
Lucky as a pilgrim has to be, I found a doc there, who is specialized in feet, right by the street. He neighter advised me to continue, nor could he convince me to stop.
The many tourists around the famous monastery of Ettal looked curiously at me, but I ignored them and looked curiously for the monks. They helped me with an ointment for my feet, gave me a room to sleep and even invited me for dinner. I was also welcome to join their evening prayer.
From Oberammergau to Ettal

The monastery of Ettal

No comments:

Post a Comment