Thursday 18 August 2016

Day04: Hohenfurch - Saulgrub (32km)

Have you ever wondered, why pilgrims are mosty depicted with a pole or a stick? I got my stick first of all to represent the image right, but today I expirianced two resons: First there was a dog roaming around the hut, where I was sleeping and It just felt good to have something to defend myself. Same situation, when I encountered a fox early in the morning. Second, I had to walk very steep and slippery, muddy paths, so a third leg was more than helpfull. If you ask me, It just wouldn't be the Same with two sticks. One is anoying enough, when I need to adjust the luggage on my shoulders once in a while.
Today I'm super proud of the first pilgrims stamp in my pilgrims passport. I got it in Rottenbuch, where the Way of Saint James led along the same trail, like the Via Romae, which I'm following now more ore less. It's better marked than expected, but some marks are missing and sometimes it's just easier to follow the cyclist roads.
Later in the evening I got surprised by a thunderstorm and had to take shelter on a camp-site. The owner had mercy with me and let me sleep inside almost for free. In the evening I sat together with the local people on their table, where they always meet. Such a table is called "Stammtisch" in Germany.
View onto the Lech stream

No comments:

Post a Comment