Friday 26 August 2016

Day10: Sterzing - Franzenfeste (28km)

Yesterday I took a day of rest. That helped a lot to recover my sunburned skin and my lack of sleep, but it didn't change anything with my right foot, which is still swollen. So during walking I tried to change a few things to make it more comfortable. I even walked barefoot for a few kilometers. I was quite glad to have put my shoes back on, when I almost stepped onto a little snake.
Walking through the valley turned out to be more complicated as it seemed, when there's a highway, a busy car-road and a railway, too. The best option for hikers was basically the cyclists-route, but it was interrupted every few kilometers. When I suddenly encountered a construction-site and had to walk back for two kilometers it was just strenous. So again a distance of actually 20km turned out to be 28km for me. Another day passes by and I remember the funny conversation, that I had with an Italian cyclist in the middle of the car-road, where we really shouldn't have talked for so long.
A little snake on the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment